Women on morning walk in Raipur to get police protection
Raipur: Police have decided to provide
security to women during their morning walk in the backdrop of
rising cases of eve-teasing in the state capital.
Members of police`s women cell will be deployed in the
city between 5.30 am and 9.30 am to check cases of eve-teasing
and indecent behaviour with women at main parks, police
officials said here today.
Police personnel in plainclothes will also keep a
watch on road romeos and trouble makers, they said.
Police have set up a toll-free number to receive
complaints about eve-teasing and harassment of women in view
of rising number of such incidents here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview