Women on morning walk in Raipur to get police protection
Raipur: Police have decided to provide
security to women during their morning walk in the backdrop of
rising cases of eve-teasing in the state capital.
Members of police`s women cell will be deployed in the
city between 5.30 am and 9.30 am to check cases of eve-teasing
and indecent behaviour with women at main parks, police
officials said here today.
Police personnel in plainclothes will also keep a
watch on road romeos and trouble makers, they said.
Police have set up a toll-free number to receive
complaints about eve-teasing and harassment of women in view
of rising number of such incidents here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij