Women on morning walk in Raipur to get police protection
Raipur: Police have decided to provide
security to women during their morning walk in the backdrop of
rising cases of eve-teasing in the state capital.
Members of police`s women cell will be deployed in the
city between 5.30 am and 9.30 am to check cases of eve-teasing
and indecent behaviour with women at main parks, police
officials said here today.
Police personnel in plainclothes will also keep a
watch on road romeos and trouble makers, they said.
Police have set up a toll-free number to receive
complaints about eve-teasing and harassment of women in view
of rising number of such incidents here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics