Women on morning walk in Raipur to get police protection
Raipur: Police have decided to provide
security to women during their morning walk in the backdrop of
rising cases of eve-teasing in the state capital.
Members of police`s women cell will be deployed in the
city between 5.30 am and 9.30 am to check cases of eve-teasing
and indecent behaviour with women at main parks, police
officials said here today.
Police personnel in plainclothes will also keep a
watch on road romeos and trouble makers, they said.
Police have set up a toll-free number to receive
complaints about eve-teasing and harassment of women in view
of rising number of such incidents here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah