Women on morning walk in Raipur to get police protection
Raipur: Police have decided to provide
security to women during their morning walk in the backdrop of
rising cases of eve-teasing in the state capital.
Members of police`s women cell will be deployed in the
city between 5.30 am and 9.30 am to check cases of eve-teasing
and indecent behaviour with women at main parks, police
officials said here today.
Police personnel in plainclothes will also keep a
watch on road romeos and trouble makers, they said.
Police have set up a toll-free number to receive
complaints about eve-teasing and harassment of women in view
of rising number of such incidents here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack