Women only 2 pc of total paramilitary hiring
New Delhi: Women personnel and officers constituted a mere 2 per cent of the more than two lakh troopers recruited by paramilitary forces in the last three years and in the initial few months of 2013, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
While 20,73,48 personnel were recruited by the central police forces between 2010-13, the number for women stood at 4,733, which is about two per cent of the total induction, as per figures mentioned in a written reply by Minister of State for Home RPN Singh.
The recruitments were made in various ranks in forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, CISF and Assam Rifles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog