Women only 2 pc of total paramilitary hiring
New Delhi: Women personnel and officers constituted a mere 2 per cent of the more than two lakh troopers recruited by paramilitary forces in the last three years and in the initial few months of 2013, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
While 20,73,48 personnel were recruited by the central police forces between 2010-13, the number for women stood at 4,733, which is about two per cent of the total induction, as per figures mentioned in a written reply by Minister of State for Home RPN Singh.
The recruitments were made in various ranks in forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, CISF and Assam Rifles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review