Women should retaliate if molested: Sharad Pawar
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Sunday said women should fight back if they are being harassed.
"If a woman suffers eve-teasing, she should retaliate," Pawar said, addressing a conference of the women`s wing of NCP.
Stressing that women should venture in all fields, he said, "Women should come forward to take responsibility".
In other countries, women shoulder responsibility at par with men in every field, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH