Women should retaliate if molested: Sharad Pawar
Mumbai: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Sunday said women should fight back if they are being harassed.
"If a woman suffers eve-teasing, she should retaliate," Pawar said, addressing a conference of the women`s wing of NCP.
Stressing that women should venture in all fields, he said, "Women should come forward to take responsibility".
In other countries, women shoulder responsibility at par with men in every field, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?