Women`s bill had no moral basis: Govindacharya
Bhopal: Former BJP ideologue K N
Govindacharya today said the Women`s Reservation Bill recently
passed in the Rajya Sabha neither had a moral basis nor was it
The former BJP leader said, without providing a share
for the backward and tribal women, the Bill neither had a
moral basis nor was it constitutionally right.
"The Women`s Reservation Bill should be passed not on
the basis of simple majority, but on the basis of consensus,"
The former RSS pracharak demanded that whips should
not be issued by political parties for the passage of the bill
and appealed them to think about it by rising above narrow
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani