Women’s Quota Bill: Congress issues fresh whip to its RS members
New Delhi: Even as the Women`s Reservation
Bill failed to sail through Rajya Sabha on Monday, the Congress issued
a fresh whip to its members in the Upper House to be present
tomorrow and vote for the legislation which is listed as the
first item for business.
The three-line whip was issued by Congress this
evening, party sources said.
The order paper of the House for tomorrow speaks of
"consideration of any business entered in the List of Business
for Monday, March 8, 2010 and not concluded on that day".
Parliament officials said the Bill was "partially taken
up" today and therefore would form part of the business
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off