Women’s Quota Bill: Congress issues fresh whip to its RS members
New Delhi: Even as the Women`s Reservation
Bill failed to sail through Rajya Sabha on Monday, the Congress issued
a fresh whip to its members in the Upper House to be present
tomorrow and vote for the legislation which is listed as the
first item for business.
The three-line whip was issued by Congress this
evening, party sources said.
The order paper of the House for tomorrow speaks of
"consideration of any business entered in the List of Business
for Monday, March 8, 2010 and not concluded on that day".
Parliament officials said the Bill was "partially taken
up" today and therefore would form part of the business
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB