Women`s reservation bill on Cong agenda: Kumar
Panaji: Minister of State for Parliamentary
Affairs Ashwani Kumar on Saturday asserted that the Congress is
strongly pursuing the women`s reservation bill, but said he is
not sure whether the bill is on the agenda of the forthcoming
"I don`t know what the agenda of monsoon session is, but
it (women`s reservation bill) is constantly on the agenda of
the congress party," Kumar told reporters after holding a
meeting with a delegation from Goa women`s Congress.
Asserting that the party was keen to bring the
much-awaited bill, Kumar said, "However, we have got to have a
large political consensus because it (the bill) required
Congress president Sonia Gandhi is committed to bring
this bill, he said.
The minister also assured the delegation that enough
representation would be given to women in Goa during
distribution of tickets for the forthcoming state legislative
assembly elections scheduled next year.
Kumar also said only those with clean record will be
allotted the tickets to contest.
He, however, did not respond to the queries pertaining to
alleged involvement of several Goa Congress ministers in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'