Women`s reservation bill on Cong agenda: Kumar
Panaji: Minister of State for Parliamentary
Affairs Ashwani Kumar on Saturday asserted that the Congress is
strongly pursuing the women`s reservation bill, but said he is
not sure whether the bill is on the agenda of the forthcoming
"I don`t know what the agenda of monsoon session is, but
it (women`s reservation bill) is constantly on the agenda of
the congress party," Kumar told reporters after holding a
meeting with a delegation from Goa women`s Congress.
Asserting that the party was keen to bring the
much-awaited bill, Kumar said, "However, we have got to have a
large political consensus because it (the bill) required
Congress president Sonia Gandhi is committed to bring
this bill, he said.
The minister also assured the delegation that enough
representation would be given to women in Goa during
distribution of tickets for the forthcoming state legislative
assembly elections scheduled next year.
Kumar also said only those with clean record will be
allotted the tickets to contest.
He, however, did not respond to the queries pertaining to
alleged involvement of several Goa Congress ministers in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth