Won`t allow Parliament to function unless PM resigns: BJP
Lucknow: BJP on Saturday said Parliament would not be allowed to function unless Prime Minister Manmohan Singh resigned on the issue of Coalgate scam.
"We are not against the Food Security Bill... But (unless) the PM resigns, Parliament will not be allowed to proceed," BJP national general secretary Ananth Kumar said.
"Till the time the PM resigns, an independent inquiry is not possible," he added.
Kumar`s comments came while he was responding to a question on his party`s stand on a likely special session of Parliament to clear the proposed Food Security Bill.
Kumar is here in connection with BJP`s proposed nationwide `jail bharo` campaign against corruption and inflation, which is to run from May 27 till June 2.
He said that a meeting of the BJP national executive would be held in June to discuss the strategy for the party`s anti-corruption drive.
Keeping up the attack on Singh, Kumar alleged the speed shown by investigators in the Railway`s jobs scam was not visible in the coal-block allocation case.
On CBI being described as a "caged parrot" by the Supreme Court, the BJP leader alleged the agency was a "parrot for Congress", but became a "vulture" when it came to the Opposition parties.
The three-member Group of Ministers formed to suggest ways to make the CBI independent was itself in the "cage, as it only listens to its master`s voice," he said.
Referring to charges against former Rajasthan minister Gulab Chand Kataria in the fake Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case, Kumar said Congress had always used CBI against its rivals.
Turning to SP and BSP, Kumar accused the two parties of being partners in "misrule" by the UPA.
Responding to a question on whether there was a plan to re-induct former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa into the party, Kumar stated there was no such proposal at the moment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya