`Won’t die till Rahul Gandhi becomes PM`
New Delhi: Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, who recently faced flak for attacking Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav over his alleged links with terrorists, has said that he would not die till his dream of seeing Rahul Gandhi becoming the country’s Prime Minister is fulfilled.
The Steel Minister made this remarks on Sunday while addressing Congress workers in his Gonda constituency on the occasion of Ambedkar birth anniversary.
Verma, who was in the SP’s line of fire till he apologized for attacking Mulayam Singh Yadav, was quoted as saying, “No force on earth can stop Rahul Gandhi from being made the prime minister, and I won`t die till I fulfill that dream."
Verma had earlier said that Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi has "good potential" to become the Prime Minister of the country.
"Rahul Gandhi has good potential. He has feelings for the poor... We have Rahul Gandhi as our prime ministerial candidate," Verma said on a previous occasion.
On the issue of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi emerging as a strong contender as an NDA candidate for the prime minister`s post, the minister was quoted as saying, "Modi`s agenda is against Muslims... BJP cannot decide on their prime ministerial candidate."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics