Won`t eat till Sarabjit is shifted to India: Sister
Amritsar: Sarabjit Singh`s sister said she will fast from on Wednesday till his brother, who is battling for life after a brutal assault in a Pakistani jail, is shifted to India or abroad for better treatment.
"I am upset with the Indian Government as it never took stern step to save my brother...I will not eat food till he is repatriated to India or shifted to a hospital abroad for a better treatment," said Dalbir Kaur, who reached here today after meeting 49-year-old Sarabjit, who is comatose in a Lahore hospital.
Sarabjit`s wife Sukhpreet Kaur, daughters Poonam and Swapandeep Kaur and Dalbir crossed over into India from Lahore through land border.
The family had gone to Pakistan on a 15-day visa on Sunday, two days after Sarabjit was attacked in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat jail.
She said Sarbjit`s life can be saved if the Indian government puts pressure on Pakistan to shift him to this country or abroad for better treatment.
"I want the government to immediately step in. I want to bring him back. If Malala (Yousafzai) can be treated abroad, why not my brother? I have doubts about the treatment they are giving to him but I have full confidence in the doctors back home," Kaur said.
The family will travel to Delhi and meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and urge them to help save Sarabjit`s life by taking necessary steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?