Won`t let Ram Temple become just election issue: Togadiya
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP)
International general secretary Pravin Togadia today said that
his organisation would not allow political parties to use Ram
temple as an election issue.
"Ram Temple in Ayodhya is not just an election issue.
We won`t let it become an election issue," Togadiya, who was
here to launch a calendar on Goddesses of Kashi said.
He was replying to a question about how he saw the use
of Ram temple issue by political parties.
"Ram Mandir will be built and that too on the entire
67 acres," Togadiya added.
The VHP leader also demanded that Kashi be declared a
World Heritage City.
"Kashi, known as the Dev Nagari (land of God) is the
only ancient city in the world with so many temples. We
demand that Kashi be declared world heritage city," he said.
People have always believed that Kashi was for salvation,
but most of them are not aware that Kashi has solution for
"all human problems" in its over 500 ancient temples, `kunds`
(tanks) and `koopas` (wells), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL