Won`t let Ram Temple become just election issue: Togadiya
Ahmedabad: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP)
International general secretary Pravin Togadia today said that
his organisation would not allow political parties to use Ram
temple as an election issue.
"Ram Temple in Ayodhya is not just an election issue.
We won`t let it become an election issue," Togadiya, who was
here to launch a calendar on Goddesses of Kashi said.
He was replying to a question about how he saw the use
of Ram temple issue by political parties.
"Ram Mandir will be built and that too on the entire
67 acres," Togadiya added.
The VHP leader also demanded that Kashi be declared a
World Heritage City.
"Kashi, known as the Dev Nagari (land of God) is the
only ancient city in the world with so many temples. We
demand that Kashi be declared world heritage city," he said.
People have always believed that Kashi was for salvation,
but most of them are not aware that Kashi has solution for
"all human problems" in its over 500 ancient temples, `kunds`
(tanks) and `koopas` (wells), he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'