Won’t spare anyone in staged J&K killing: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony
on Saturday said his ministry will fully cooperate with Jammu and
Kashmir police probe into the alleged fake encounter in
Kashmir involving an army jawan and promised that anybody
found "guilty will be punished".
He said the army is also inquiring into the allegations
that three youth were lured to the Line of Control and killed
in a fake encounter.
"The Jammu and Kashmir government has already ordered
an inquiry. We will fully cooperate and there is no question
of cover up. Whoever is guilty will be punished... There is no
question of cover up and nobody will be spared," he said.
The Defence Minister was talking to reporters on the
sidelines of the golden jubilee celebrations of the Mazagon
Dock Limited (MDL).
Jammu and Kashmir Police has arrested three persons
including a territorial army jawan for the alleged fake
encounter in Machil sector of north Kashmir.
Police arrested Abbas Shah -- the territorial army
jawan, Basharat Lone and Abdul Hamid Bhat after registering a
case of murder against them.
The state government ordered a magisterial enquiry into
the case and has also taken up the matter with the Defence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!