Won’t spare anyone in staged J&K killing: Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony
on Saturday said his ministry will fully cooperate with Jammu and
Kashmir police probe into the alleged fake encounter in
Kashmir involving an army jawan and promised that anybody
found "guilty will be punished".
He said the army is also inquiring into the allegations
that three youth were lured to the Line of Control and killed
in a fake encounter.
"The Jammu and Kashmir government has already ordered
an inquiry. We will fully cooperate and there is no question
of cover up. Whoever is guilty will be punished... There is no
question of cover up and nobody will be spared," he said.
The Defence Minister was talking to reporters on the
sidelines of the golden jubilee celebrations of the Mazagon
Dock Limited (MDL).
Jammu and Kashmir Police has arrested three persons
including a territorial army jawan for the alleged fake
encounter in Machil sector of north Kashmir.
Police arrested Abbas Shah -- the territorial army
jawan, Basharat Lone and Abdul Hamid Bhat after registering a
case of murder against them.
The state government ordered a magisterial enquiry into
the case and has also taken up the matter with the Defence
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre