Won`t tolerate corruption in Army: Pallam Raju
Jalandhar: Minister of State for Defence M M
Pallam Raju on Monday said there would be a zero tolerance towards
corruption in armed forces and all those found involved in
malpractices will be punished severely.
"Stern action will be taken against all defence officials
found involved in corruption... We will not tolerate any kind
of corruption in Army," Raju said on the sidelines of golden
jubilee ceremony of Sainik School in Kapurthala.
"Defence minister A K Antony has also shown zero tolerance
against corrupt practices in Army. Stern action has been taken
against defence officials found involved in corruption and the
probe in many cases is still underway," he said when asked
about recent cases of alleged corruption in defence forces and
indictment of 27 army officials for illegally selling
When questioned about the alleged diversion of water from
Ravi river towards India by Pakistan which has created a flood
like situation in the border areas, Raju said, "I don`t have
any information about this incident, however, we have a good
mechanism in place to deal with such situations and I am sure
the officials from both sides with resolve this issue very
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened