Won’t yield to any pressure: New CBI chief
New Delhi: The CBI will go by evidence
collected as part of its investigations into various cases and
not yield to any pressure, the agency`s new chief today said.
"Officers of CBI conduct an impartial probe. I will
see to it that our officers are clean. We are not going to
come under any pressure," Amar Pratap Singh, who took over as
CBI director today, told reporters here.
Singh, who in his earlier stint in CBI (1987 to 1995)
had worked on numerous cases including Harshad Mehta bank scam
case, was replying to a query about the alleged political
pressure on officers in some cases.
"We work under the law. Whatever evidence comes to us
or whatever evidence that we examine, whoever the person is,
big or small, if we have evidence, we will take action," said
the 1974 batch IPS officer from Jharkhand cadre.
He said most of the high profile cases are court
Talking about the Aarushi case he said CBI will do its
sincere best to crack the murder mystery.
On the issue of concerns being raised by Supreme Court
over some of CBI investigations, Singh, who was earlier
special director of the agency, said he will try to see what
the apex court`s concerns are and will try to address them.
Singh said the CBI will do fair and respectful
investigations into all cases handled by it.
The CBI chief had also held the post of additional
director general in BSF and is a recipient of Indian Police
Medal and President`s Police Medal.
Ashwani Kumar, whose term ended today, took over as
director on August 2, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report