Word `delay` is deleted under Narendra Modi govt: Prakash Javadekar
New Delhi: "Consider that the word `delay` has been deleted."
This was the message articulated on Thursday by Prakash Javadekar, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Minister and Environment, as he sought to assure all concerned that the Narendra Modi government would ensure speedy implementation of tasks.
Javadekar, while addressing a meeting of CEOs of Media and Entertainment industry, said that if earlier a file was kept pending for four months, in the new dispensation it will not be held back even for four weeks.
After the meeting, he tweeted, "There is no word `Delay` in our Government. `Delay` is deleted".
The tweet by Javadekar, who is also holds the charge of the Environment and Forest ministry, assumes significance in the context of the industries complaining about delay in the grant of green clearances for infrastructure projects.
At the meeting Javadekar told captains of the Media and Entertainment industry that the government would not be detrimental to the development but would be a partner in development and progress. He said that "a stable policy regime with transparency and time-bound mechanism is a priority of the government."
Earlier, I&B secretary Bimal Julka said the ministry is making attempts to establish single window clearances for permissions.
He said the security clearances for channels at times took 18 months to over two years and efforts are being made to make the process simpler.
In another tweet after his interaction at the event, Javadekar also said that his government would attempt to make Doordarshan the most popular channel for viewers.
"We will make Doordarshan be the first choice of the viewers in this competitive environment," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH