Words like crisis, growth dominated Budget speech
New Delhi: Words like `crisis`, `slowdown` and `challenges` grew in count in the budget speech of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Friday, from the last year level, but
so did the expressions like `growth` and `opportunities`.
Presenting the Union Budget for 2012-13 in Parliament
today, Mukherjee mentioned `crisis` eight times on Friday, as
against five times last year, while `slowdown` found a place
thrice, up from twice in budget speech for 2011-12.
At the same time, `growth` was mentioned 25 times, as
against 21 times last year, while Mukherjee also talked about
`opportunity` on five occasions, up from four last year.
Mukherjee mentioned `challenges` in his today`s budget
speech five times, up from four last year, while the count of
words like `problem` and `uncertainties` remained static at
three and two respectively.
Presenting the budget in the wake of a gloomy economic
scenario, Mukherjee began his speech by saying that it was a
"year of recovery interrupted" for Indian economy.
At the end of the speech also, he said that it was
"challenging year" for the Indian economy, but expressed hope
that his budget proposals would "help in shaping the headlines
that describe India a decade from now".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened