Work for nation-building, Ansari tells NCC cadets
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Saturday
said the country has not been able to utilise the full
potential of the youth and called upon the National Cadet
Corps (NCC) students to play a vital role in nation-building.
The Vice President was addressing the cadets after
inaugurating the NCC Republic Day Camp 2010 here today.
Ansari said NCC cadets hailing from different parts of
the country with different linguistic and religious
backgrounds represent a mini India.
The Vice president was presented a guard of honour by NCC
cadets from its three wings -- Army, Navy and Air Force -- at
1900 cadets including boys and girls drawn from all the
states and Union Territories are participating in the camp
and a selected few will represent the NCC in the Republic Day
parade on Rajpath on January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about