Work for nation-building, Ansari tells NCC cadets
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Saturday
said the country has not been able to utilise the full
potential of the youth and called upon the National Cadet
Corps (NCC) students to play a vital role in nation-building.
The Vice President was addressing the cadets after
inaugurating the NCC Republic Day Camp 2010 here today.
Ansari said NCC cadets hailing from different parts of
the country with different linguistic and religious
backgrounds represent a mini India.
The Vice president was presented a guard of honour by NCC
cadets from its three wings -- Army, Navy and Air Force -- at
1900 cadets including boys and girls drawn from all the
states and Union Territories are participating in the camp
and a selected few will represent the NCC in the Republic Day
parade on Rajpath on January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!