Work for nation-building, Ansari tells NCC cadets
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Saturday
said the country has not been able to utilise the full
potential of the youth and called upon the National Cadet
Corps (NCC) students to play a vital role in nation-building.
The Vice President was addressing the cadets after
inaugurating the NCC Republic Day Camp 2010 here today.
Ansari said NCC cadets hailing from different parts of
the country with different linguistic and religious
backgrounds represent a mini India.
The Vice president was presented a guard of honour by NCC
cadets from its three wings -- Army, Navy and Air Force -- at
1900 cadets including boys and girls drawn from all the
states and Union Territories are participating in the camp
and a selected few will represent the NCC in the Republic Day
parade on Rajpath on January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble