Work for nation-building, Ansari tells NCC cadets
New Delhi: Vice President Hamid Ansari on Saturday
said the country has not been able to utilise the full
potential of the youth and called upon the National Cadet
Corps (NCC) students to play a vital role in nation-building.
The Vice President was addressing the cadets after
inaugurating the NCC Republic Day Camp 2010 here today.
Ansari said NCC cadets hailing from different parts of
the country with different linguistic and religious
backgrounds represent a mini India.
The Vice president was presented a guard of honour by NCC
cadets from its three wings -- Army, Navy and Air Force -- at
1900 cadets including boys and girls drawn from all the
states and Union Territories are participating in the camp
and a selected few will represent the NCC in the Republic Day
parade on Rajpath on January 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen