Work hard to develop India, Dalai Lama tells people
Bhubaneswar: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday called for the overall development of India and also came up with a development mantra - he urged people to work really hard for the country`s betterment.
"India must see development must take place in rural areas and not just in few cities. It should not be like that some areas thrive and other areas remain underdeveloped," the Dalai Lama told reporters at the airport here.
The spiritual leader was headed to Chandragiri, the Tibetan settlement in Orissa`s Gajapati district and he suggested several measures for equitable development of India.
"In order to develop we must focus on health, education and training of youths in rural areas," he said.
The Dalai Lama stressed that people should work hard to see a developed India.
"We all should work hard, instead of looking up to the government and officials, people should work hard, then we can see India developed," he said.
During his stay in the Tibetan settlement, the Dalai Lama will inaugurate a five-storey monastery named Padma Sambhav Mahavira.
He will also attend several religious discourses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister