Work hard to develop India, Dalai Lama tells people
Bhubaneswar: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama Monday called for the overall development of India and also came up with a development mantra - he urged people to work really hard for the country`s betterment.
"India must see development must take place in rural areas and not just in few cities. It should not be like that some areas thrive and other areas remain underdeveloped," the Dalai Lama told reporters at the airport here.
The spiritual leader was headed to Chandragiri, the Tibetan settlement in Orissa`s Gajapati district and he suggested several measures for equitable development of India.
"In order to develop we must focus on health, education and training of youths in rural areas," he said.
The Dalai Lama stressed that people should work hard to see a developed India.
"We all should work hard, instead of looking up to the government and officials, people should work hard, then we can see India developed," he said.
During his stay in the Tibetan settlement, the Dalai Lama will inaugurate a five-storey monastery named Padma Sambhav Mahavira.
He will also attend several religious discourses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America