`Work on 73 roads along Indo-China border to be over by 2013`
New Delhi: Government on Monday said work on the
73 roads being developed and upgraded along the Chinese border
is planned to be completed by 2013 and out of 93 cases,
clearances for 48 of them have been obtained from the
Environment Ministry for building them.
"Upgradation and development of 73 Indo-China roads is
under progress... All these roads are targeted for completion
by 2013," Defence Minister A K Antony said in reply to a Lok
He added out of the 73 under-construction roads, 61 were
being built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
In reply to another query, the Minister said, "out of the
61 roads being built by the BRO, 43 will be completed on
schedule by 2012. Another nine would be completed by 2013 and
the remaining nine are likely to be completed by 2018."
He added that adverse climatic conditions, hard rocks,
delay in obtaining forest and wild life department clearances,
unavailability of air effort and shortage of manpower were the
main reasons for delay in building the roads.
On the forest clearance cases, the Minister said, "there
are total 93 such cases on 61 roads with BRO (out of 73
roads), government has obtained clearance for 48 cases and in
addition, Environment Ministry has accorded in-principle
clearance for 21 cases."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands