`Work on 73 roads along Indo-China border to be over by 2013`
New Delhi: Government on Monday said work on the
73 roads being developed and upgraded along the Chinese border
is planned to be completed by 2013 and out of 93 cases,
clearances for 48 of them have been obtained from the
Environment Ministry for building them.
"Upgradation and development of 73 Indo-China roads is
under progress... All these roads are targeted for completion
by 2013," Defence Minister A K Antony said in reply to a Lok
He added out of the 73 under-construction roads, 61 were
being built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
In reply to another query, the Minister said, "out of the
61 roads being built by the BRO, 43 will be completed on
schedule by 2012. Another nine would be completed by 2013 and
the remaining nine are likely to be completed by 2018."
He added that adverse climatic conditions, hard rocks,
delay in obtaining forest and wild life department clearances,
unavailability of air effort and shortage of manpower were the
main reasons for delay in building the roads.
On the forest clearance cases, the Minister said, "there
are total 93 such cases on 61 roads with BRO (out of 73
roads), government has obtained clearance for 48 cases and in
addition, Environment Ministry has accorded in-principle
clearance for 21 cases."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department