Work on Lucknow Metro to start in December
Lucknow: Work on the first phase of Lucknow Metro will begin in December this year and is expected to get over by December 2016, officials said on Wednesday.
This follows the go ahead given by the Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Tuesday when it approved the detailed project report.
Work has now begun on the memorandum of association and articles of association to be signed with the central government.
The first phase of Lucknow Metro will be 22.87 km long and connect the Amausi International Airport and Munshi Puliya.
Delhi Metro has pegged the cost of preparing the feasibility report at Rs.2.80 crore, officials told IANS. The cabinet has approved Rs.6,757 core for the ambitious project.
The state government will seek central funding for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims