Work on Lucknow Metro to start in December
Lucknow: Work on the first phase of Lucknow Metro will begin in December this year and is expected to get over by December 2016, officials said on Wednesday.
This follows the go ahead given by the Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Tuesday when it approved the detailed project report.
Work has now begun on the memorandum of association and articles of association to be signed with the central government.
The first phase of Lucknow Metro will be 22.87 km long and connect the Amausi International Airport and Munshi Puliya.
Delhi Metro has pegged the cost of preparing the feasibility report at Rs.2.80 crore, officials told IANS. The cabinet has approved Rs.6,757 core for the ambitious project.
The state government will seek central funding for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- IPL 2016 final: RCB vs SRH - Virat Kohli on the verge of reaching once-unthinkable milestone
- Know the importance of Prasad/Prasadam!
- Up to 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean this week: UN
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...