Work on Lucknow Metro to start in December
Lucknow: Work on the first phase of Lucknow Metro will begin in December this year and is expected to get over by December 2016, officials said on Wednesday.
This follows the go ahead given by the Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Tuesday when it approved the detailed project report.
Work has now begun on the memorandum of association and articles of association to be signed with the central government.
The first phase of Lucknow Metro will be 22.87 km long and connect the Amausi International Airport and Munshi Puliya.
Delhi Metro has pegged the cost of preparing the feasibility report at Rs.2.80 crore, officials told IANS. The cabinet has approved Rs.6,757 core for the ambitious project.
The state government will seek central funding for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket