Work on Lucknow Metro to start in December
Lucknow: Work on the first phase of Lucknow Metro will begin in December this year and is expected to get over by December 2016, officials said on Wednesday.
This follows the go ahead given by the Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Tuesday when it approved the detailed project report.
Work has now begun on the memorandum of association and articles of association to be signed with the central government.
The first phase of Lucknow Metro will be 22.87 km long and connect the Amausi International Airport and Munshi Puliya.
Delhi Metro has pegged the cost of preparing the feasibility report at Rs.2.80 crore, officials told IANS. The cabinet has approved Rs.6,757 core for the ambitious project.
The state government will seek central funding for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city