Work on Lucknow Metro to start in December
Lucknow: Work on the first phase of Lucknow Metro will begin in December this year and is expected to get over by December 2016, officials said on Wednesday.
This follows the go ahead given by the Uttar Pradesh cabinet on Tuesday when it approved the detailed project report.
Work has now begun on the memorandum of association and articles of association to be signed with the central government.
The first phase of Lucknow Metro will be 22.87 km long and connect the Amausi International Airport and Munshi Puliya.
Delhi Metro has pegged the cost of preparing the feasibility report at Rs.2.80 crore, officials told IANS. The cabinet has approved Rs.6,757 core for the ambitious project.
The state government will seek central funding for the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees