World Bank president in Odisha
Kendrapara: World Bank President Robert Zoellick on Wednesday visited coastal Rajnagar block in Odisha`s Kendrapada district today to see for himself implementation of mangrove conservation efforts and activities under the Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project (ICZMP).
"The visit was to witness the manner in which resource rich Odisha is trying to integrate environmental issues into its development strategy," official sources said.
He also saw the impact of rapid sea erosion in the area and the steps being taken to deal with the menace, the sources said.
Zoellick, accompanied by several other top World Bank officials, interacted with representatives of eco-development committees, beneficiaries, impacted families and self help groups at Okilapala Cyclone Relief Centre.
The World Bank group chief visited coastal communities
to see how they were participating in planning for and
conserving their natural resources in a way that did not hurt
Zoellick also visited the Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary and took a boat ride from the Gupti jetty. He is scheduled to meet Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch