World Bank president in Odisha
Kendrapara: World Bank President Robert Zoellick on Wednesday visited coastal Rajnagar block in Odisha`s Kendrapada district today to see for himself implementation of mangrove conservation efforts and activities under the Integrated Coastal Zone Management Project (ICZMP).
"The visit was to witness the manner in which resource rich Odisha is trying to integrate environmental issues into its development strategy," official sources said.
He also saw the impact of rapid sea erosion in the area and the steps being taken to deal with the menace, the sources said.
Zoellick, accompanied by several other top World Bank officials, interacted with representatives of eco-development committees, beneficiaries, impacted families and self help groups at Okilapala Cyclone Relief Centre.
The World Bank group chief visited coastal communities
to see how they were participating in planning for and
conserving their natural resources in a way that did not hurt
Zoellick also visited the Bhitarkanika Wildlife Sanctuary and took a boat ride from the Gupti jetty. He is scheduled to meet Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in Bhubaneswar later in the day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list