World condemns Delhi High Court blast
New Delhi: Nations across the world on had condemned the bomb blast outside the Delhi High Court that caused heavy casualties.
Terror struck Delhi on Wednesday, when a powerful bomb went off outside the Delhi High Court at 10.17 am. At least 12 persons were confirmed dead, while more than 76 others were injured, some critically.
The entire world community has condemned this terror attack.
The UN has "condemned in the strongest terms" the terrorist attack that occurred in India on Wednesday, which caused numerous deaths and injuries.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon expressed "solidarity with the government and people of India."
The White House also strongly condemned the terror attack saying, the US stands with its "close friend" India at this difficult time.
US spokesperson Tommy Vietor, of the National Security Council, said "We strongly condemn the attack this morning (Wednesday) in New Delhi and offer our deepest condolences to the Government of India and to all those who lost loved ones,"
European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton denounced the deadly bomb attack in New Delhi as an "evil" act of terrorism.
Condemning the "heinous terrorist attack", French President Nicolas Sarkozy conveyed his country`s complete solidarity with India and expressed determination to relentlessly fight the "barbaric" scourge together.
President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani expressed their "deepest sympathies to the families of the victims of the bombing, to the Government and people of India,"
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa also condemned "in the strongest terms" the bomb attack, "We will continue to be an active partner in working towards combating violent extremism and terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, and safeguarding the security of the peace loving people of our region.”
The Chinese government condemned the blast outside the Delhi High Court on Wednesday, also calling for greater international cooperation to fight terrorism.
"China condemns the incident, extends sincere solicitude for families of victims and wounded, and expresses condolences to those who unfortunately lost their lives,” Foreign Ministry spokesperson Liu Weimin said at a regular briefing.
Israel has condemned the Delhi High Court blast calling it “A heinous terror attack against a beacon of justice and democracy, values which are sacred to all. Israel extends its deepest condolences to the bereaved families, to the people and the Government of India, and sends its wishes for quick recovery of the wounded.”
Australian PM Julia Gillard said, "This act of senseless violence, directed at one of the institutions of government, appears to have been planned to cause a high number of casualties among the general public."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’