World War II Army veteran dies at age of 109
Ropar: An ex-serviceman who had served in World War II passed away on Sunday at the age of 109 years at his native Seheri village in the district.
Narata Singh, who was born in 1903 at the village in Morinda tehsil of Ropar district, had joined the Army in 1929 at Ambala, family sources said here.
He had actively participated in World War II between 1939-1945.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi