World War II Army veteran dies at age of 109
Ropar: An ex-serviceman who had served in World War II passed away on Sunday at the age of 109 years at his native Seheri village in the district.
Narata Singh, who was born in 1903 at the village in Morinda tehsil of Ropar district, had joined the Army in 1929 at Ambala, family sources said here.
He had actively participated in World War II between 1939-1945.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!