Would have been killed at Ramlila: Ramdev
Hardoi: Yoga guru Ramdev has said that had he not fled from the Ramlila Ground in Delhi during the police crackdown in the wee hours on June 5, he too would have
met the same fate as Rajbala.
In reply to a question from one of his followers here last night, Ramdev claimed he would have been killed had he not fled from the Ramlila Maidan.
"I would not have been here among you had I not fled that day," he said. Ramdev is currently undertaking a `Swabhiman Yatra` and is touring various districts of Uttar Pradesh.
The yoga guru was agitating against corruption with thousands of his followers at the Ramlila ground in June when police had allegedly lathicharged on the gathering.
A 51-year-old woman, Rajbala, was seriously injured and succumbed in a Delhi hospital earlier this month.
Meanwhile, state unit president of Samajwadi Party Akhilesh Yadav visited Ramdev at the house of one of his followers here late last night.
Yadav is undertaking a `Kranti Rath Yatra` and was in neighbouring Shahjahanpur district from where he made an unscheduled visit to Ramdev.
Ramdev and Yadav held talks for about 15 minutes, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'