Wrong photo of India’s Braveheart circulated on Facebook
New Delhi/Thiruvananthapuram: The photograph that was circulated on Facebook and other social networking sites as that of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim has been found to be that of a Kerala girl.
As per reports, the father of the girl has filed a complaint with the cyber cell of Kerala Police after a family friend discovered that the girl’s photo was being shared on Facebook.
On approaching the cops, the family found that the girl was being identified as the Delhi braveheart who was brutally gang-raped and assaulted on December 16 and died on December 30 at a Singapore hospital despite all efforts to save her life.
As per reports, the photo was reportedly posted from a Facebook account in Delhi.
Kerala police`s cyber wing has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of the student from the state.
The Hi-tech Inquiry Cell of the police started investigations after getting the complaint.
The sheer brutality of the crime has shaken the entire country with massive protests held in several cities demanding the most stringent punishment for the accused and better security for the women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka