Wrong photo of India’s Braveheart circulated on Facebook
New Delhi/Thiruvananthapuram: The photograph that was circulated on Facebook and other social networking sites as that of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim has been found to be that of a Kerala girl.
As per reports, the father of the girl has filed a complaint with the cyber cell of Kerala Police after a family friend discovered that the girl’s photo was being shared on Facebook.
On approaching the cops, the family found that the girl was being identified as the Delhi braveheart who was brutally gang-raped and assaulted on December 16 and died on December 30 at a Singapore hospital despite all efforts to save her life.
As per reports, the photo was reportedly posted from a Facebook account in Delhi.
Kerala police`s cyber wing has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of the student from the state.
The Hi-tech Inquiry Cell of the police started investigations after getting the complaint.
The sheer brutality of the crime has shaken the entire country with massive protests held in several cities demanding the most stringent punishment for the accused and better security for the women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'