Wrong photo of India’s Braveheart circulated on Facebook
New Delhi/Thiruvananthapuram: The photograph that was circulated on Facebook and other social networking sites as that of the 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim has been found to be that of a Kerala girl.
As per reports, the father of the girl has filed a complaint with the cyber cell of Kerala Police after a family friend discovered that the girl’s photo was being shared on Facebook.
On approaching the cops, the family found that the girl was being identified as the Delhi braveheart who was brutally gang-raped and assaulted on December 16 and died on December 30 at a Singapore hospital despite all efforts to save her life.
As per reports, the photo was reportedly posted from a Facebook account in Delhi.
Kerala police`s cyber wing has begun a probe into the uploading of the photograph of the student from the state.
The Hi-tech Inquiry Cell of the police started investigations after getting the complaint.
The sheer brutality of the crime has shaken the entire country with massive protests held in several cities demanding the most stringent punishment for the accused and better security for the women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'