Wrong UPA policies led to inflation: Mayawati
Mumbai: Wrong policies of the Congress
governments over 50 years have led to poverty, unemployment
and inflation in the country, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati said here on Sunday.
Poverty has not been eradicated despite schemes
implemented by the Central Government. A government committee
has recommended that the number of BPL families be increased,
but the government has not taken any action, she said.
The UP government has decided to implement a scheme,
under which, a woman head of a poor family gets Rs 400 per
month, she said.
Mayawati said several corruption cases, including CWG, 2G
and Adarsh scam have surfaced during the Congress-led
The Congress-led government has not been able to bring
in a legislation against black money. Even the BJP government,
during its 6 years, failed to act on black money, the BSP
"This proves that black money, belonging to all these
parties, is stashed away abroad," she said.
"If the black money is brought back to the country, it
will help reduce poverty by 50 per cent," she added.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- IPL 2016: Usman Khawaja comes in for injured Faf du Plessis for Rising Pune Sunrisers
- Tragic! Girl cracks IIT-JEE but kills herself as she didn’t want to be engineer
- Roger Federer signs up for Madrid Masters
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo