Wrong UPA policies led to inflation: Mayawati
Mumbai: Wrong policies of the Congress
governments over 50 years have led to poverty, unemployment
and inflation in the country, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati said here on Sunday.
Poverty has not been eradicated despite schemes
implemented by the Central Government. A government committee
has recommended that the number of BPL families be increased,
but the government has not taken any action, she said.
The UP government has decided to implement a scheme,
under which, a woman head of a poor family gets Rs 400 per
month, she said.
Mayawati said several corruption cases, including CWG, 2G
and Adarsh scam have surfaced during the Congress-led
The Congress-led government has not been able to bring
in a legislation against black money. Even the BJP government,
during its 6 years, failed to act on black money, the BSP
"This proves that black money, belonging to all these
parties, is stashed away abroad," she said.
"If the black money is brought back to the country, it
will help reduce poverty by 50 per cent," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'