Yashkar death case: Forensic report out
New Delhi: A preliminary forensic report in the mysterious deaths of Defence Ministry official Kumar Yashkar Sinha and his wife Archana Sharma has said that no inflammable substance was found at the duo’s residence.
The forensic tests however did find the presence of synthetic cloth pieces on Yashkar’s body.
Yashkar, 42, was Deputy Director at the Ministry`s Directorate General of Medical Services and his 34-year-old wife was a trained classical dancer.
The two were found dead in their official flat in Hudco Place in Defence Colony on Friday. The incident was reported to police by neighbours when they saw smoke coming out from the couple’s flat.
Initial reports suggested that Yashkar first strangulated his wife and then immolated himself. But, a note found at the house later indicated something fishy in the case.
According to Delhi Police, Yashkar had mentioned in the hand-written note wrapped in a `green envelope` the names of two Army officers who were allegedly `behind the work pressure`.
According to the sources, the two suspected officials of Defence Ministry can be summoned for questioning.
Delhi Police on Sunday questioned an official of ADG rank in Defence Ministry to get more details on the content of the `note`.
So far, the relatives of Yashkar have maintained that the couple was happily married and they enjoyed healthy relationship. So, marital discord cannot be ruled out.
The couple was married for seven years and had no children.
The relatives of the deceased couple alleged that there could be a conspiracy behind the deaths.
According to Pushkar Sinha, brother of slain defence ministry official, Yashkar went to meet him in Lucknow last week and discussed the enormous work pressure on him.
He even met his sister a day before his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report