Yashkar death case: Forensic report out
New Delhi: A preliminary forensic report in the mysterious deaths of Defence Ministry official Kumar Yashkar Sinha and his wife Archana Sharma has said that no inflammable substance was found at the duo’s residence.
The forensic tests however did find the presence of synthetic cloth pieces on Yashkar’s body.
Yashkar, 42, was Deputy Director at the Ministry`s Directorate General of Medical Services and his 34-year-old wife was a trained classical dancer.
The two were found dead in their official flat in Hudco Place in Defence Colony on Friday. The incident was reported to police by neighbours when they saw smoke coming out from the couple’s flat.
Initial reports suggested that Yashkar first strangulated his wife and then immolated himself. But, a note found at the house later indicated something fishy in the case.
According to Delhi Police, Yashkar had mentioned in the hand-written note wrapped in a `green envelope` the names of two Army officers who were allegedly `behind the work pressure`.
According to the sources, the two suspected officials of Defence Ministry can be summoned for questioning.
Delhi Police on Sunday questioned an official of ADG rank in Defence Ministry to get more details on the content of the `note`.
So far, the relatives of Yashkar have maintained that the couple was happily married and they enjoyed healthy relationship. So, marital discord cannot be ruled out.
The couple was married for seven years and had no children.
The relatives of the deceased couple alleged that there could be a conspiracy behind the deaths.
According to Pushkar Sinha, brother of slain defence ministry official, Yashkar went to meet him in Lucknow last week and discussed the enormous work pressure on him.
He even met his sister a day before his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH