Yashwant, Jaswant find no place in new BJP team
New Delhi: Senior BJP leaders Jaswant Singh and Yashwant Sinha are among the prominent leaders who have failed to find a place in the new party President Rajnath Singh`s core team.
Both Jaswant Singh and Yashwant Sinha have been senior Ministers in the NDA colaition government headed by Atal Behari Vajpayee.
While their names do not figure in the BJP Parliamentary Board, the Central Election Committee or the Central Disciplinary Committee, they have, however, been included in the 80-member BJP National Executive Committee. There are also 123 permanent and special invitees.
Among some of the other prominent leaders who have been dropped from the BJP team are Najma Heptulla, Hema Malini and Shanta Kumar, who were Vice Presidents in the earlier team.
So have party leaders from Uttar Pradesh Kalraj Mishra and Vinay Katiyar, who are no longer Vice Presidents.
Ravi Shankar Prasad will also no longer be a General Secretary and Chief Spokesperson of the party, but will continue as BJP`s Deputy Leader in Rajya Sabha.
Party leaders from Uttarakhand Bhagat Singh Koshiyari and Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank have also been dropped as Vice Presidents. So has Gujarat MP and Modi`s confidant Purshottam Rupala. Their names are however, included in the larger National Executive Committee.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu has also been dropped as Secretary, but he found a place in the party`s national executive. Similar is the fate of actors-turned politicians Shatrughan Sinha and Vinod Khanna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional