Yashwant, Naqvi, Varun boycott PM`s Iftar
New Delhi: Expressing solidarity with fasting
Anna Hazare, BJP leaders Yashwant Sinha, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
and Varun Gandhi on Wednesday stayed away from the "iftar" hosted by
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Even as the Prime Minister`s "Iftar" party was attended by
leaders of a number of political parties, including from BJP,
Sinha, Naqvi and Gandhi decided not to attaend it as Hazare
was still continuing his fast on the Lokpal issue.
Former finance minister Yashwant Sinha had earlier
offered to resign as Member of Parliament after he charged
the BJP with not taking up the issue of corruption seriously
Sinha said that the BJP had been unable to take a strong
stand on the Lokpal issue which was necessary to "take the
battle forward" against corruption.
Varun today sat with protesters at Ramlila Maidan where
the Gandhian is on a fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal