Yashwant Sinha accuses Chacko of being unilateral
New Delhi: Taking strong exception to JPC Chairman P C Chacko`s decision to send a questionnaire to former telecom minister A Raja on 2G telecom spectrum scam, BJP leader Yashwant Sinha has accused Chacko of "unilateral" behaviour and violating the principle of consensus for taking decisions.
Sinha, who is a member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 2G telecom spectrum scam, has in a letter to Chacko objected to his taking a "unilateral" decision of not allowing Raja to depose before the committee and has asked him to immediately convene its meeting to take a view on whether to call former Raja.
"I feel that instead of taking this decision unilaterally you should have called a meeting of the committee, discussed the issue in that meeting and then taken a decision.
"Your step is clearly in violation of the principle of consensus on which the committee is supposed to work," Sinha said in his letter to Chacko.
Sinha also referred to Raja`s letter of March 13 written to the JPC Secretariat casting "aspersions" on the manner in which the JPC is functioning.
"I do not think we should give him or anyone else an opportunity to cast such aspersions on the bona fide of the committee," he said.
The BJP leader also disagreed with the JPC Chairman`s assertion that the committee does not have the jurisdiction to deliver any verdict of guilt and said the JPC was formed clearly to fix responsibility on officials and ministers for irregularities, if any, in allotment of 2G spectrum to private corporates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore