Yashwant Sinha flouts rule by addressing inmates in Hazaribagh Jail
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Ranchi: In what can bring in huge embarrassment for the Narendra Modi-led NDA government, senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha was seen addressing people in Hazaribagh prison, where he was sent on June 3 following a court order in connection with an alleged assault on a government official.
The senior BJP politician and former union minister will be released from the prison today, a day after he was granted bail by a local court in Jharkhand.
Astonishingly, while Sinha was addressing the people in the prison cell, party patriarch LK Advani and former Jharkahnd chief minister Arjun Munda were seen sitting besides him, who didn`t even stopped the BJP leader from flouting the law.
The incident is surely to give fresh ammunition to the opposition parties to criticise the BJP.
Sinha would have surely got away with the incident, but to his dilemma, his party colleague Munda, who had gone to meet him in the prison on Tuesday, took the pictures on his mobile and uploaded them on his Facebook account.
State BJP president Rabindra Rai and LK Advani were also with him.
After meeting Sinha in jail, Advani had told reporters that Sinha should leave jail after securing bail and lead the ongoing agitation by BJP against the power crisis in Jharkhand.
Sinha was also the `right person` to be chief minister after the Assembly elections later this year, he had said.
Sinha was arrested on June 2 while he was leading a demonstration against the state`s poor power scenario and had locked up officials of the electricity board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!