Yashwant Sinha remains in jail, bail of 2 others rejected
Hazaribagh: As jailed BJP leader Yashwant Sinha remained in judicial custody, the bail of two party supporters were rejected by a local court on Saturday.
Chief Judicial Magistrate RB Pal rejected the bail petitions of two, Shiv Shankar Prasad Gupta and Vijay Verma, for creating disturbance and preventing government officials from doing their work on June 2.
The former External Affairs Minister did not petition for bail.
Sinha and 50 BJP supporters were booked on June two after allegedly assaulting the General Manager of JSEBs Hazaribagh Branch Dhanesh Jha and locking the gate of his office in protest against the electricity crisis in Hazaribagh and neighbouring Ramgarh district.
After the rejection of the petitions of Gupta and Verma, the advocate for four other BJP members Ratna Sinha, Mukta Sahay, Bijul Devi and Uma Pathak did not move their petitions.
State president of BJP`s women wing, Usha Pandey, urged Sinha to move bail and come out of jail to intensify the ongoing agitation, which entered the sixth day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader