Yashwant Sinha should not have commented on 2G: Congress
New Delhi: The Congress on Tuesday said BJP leader Yashwant Sinha should not have commented on the 2G scam as he was a member of the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probing it.
"There is a Joint Parliamentary Committee (on the 2G scam) in progress at this point. Since I was a member of this committee, I do not want to comment on its proceedings. Sinha is a member of the same committee. Whatever they (the BJP) want to articulate, it would be much more appropriate if they do so within the confines of that committee," Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari told a news channel.
Tewari added that the committee was in the process of writing its report. "It is clearly a question of the cart before the horse," he said.
On the BJP`s demands for calling the prime minister to depose before the JPC, he said: "This demand was raised in the committee and was rejected there itself."
On demands for the prime minister`s resignation over the issue, he said: "It is the job of the opposition to swing from the sublime to the ridiculous at times."
"The opposition at time makes demands which are absolutely outlandish," he said.
Sinha has said that the JPC looking into 2G spectrum allocation was functioning in a "scandalous" manner.
He wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday urging that former telecom minister A. Raja be allowed to depose before the panel.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics
- Heat wave in India: Useful tips and safety guidelines!
- Watch: Beautiful time-lapse video of a night flight from India to China!
- Kerala minister, Left candidate attacked with chair, stones during live TV debate