Yasin Bhatkal admits to have orchestrated Hyderabad blasts in February
New Delhi: Arrested Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal is alleged to have told interrogators that he received instructions from a Pakistani handler to carry out blast in Hyderabad in February this year, officials privy to his questioning said on Sunday.
30-year-old Yasin alis Syed Mohammed Ahmed Zarar Siddibapa reportedly told the interrogators that he had supplied explosive material to a person for planting at various locations in Dilsukhnagar near Cyberabad, adjacent to Hyderabad city, the officials claimed.
Yasin, who is branded as the face of modern day terrorism, has told the sleuths of Intelligence Bureau during questioning that he had received instructions from Pakistani handler to target Cyberabad so that the foreign companies refrain from expanding their business in India, they said.
Two blasts rattled the Dilsukhnagar on February 21 this year killing 17 people and injuring over 100.
About the Pune German Bakery blast on February 13, 2010, that had left 17 people dead including four foreigners, Yasin, according to the claims of his interrogators, said that he had planted the bomb in the shop which was frequented by many visitors.
The reason was to cause maximum damage and therefore the explosive material was placed near gas cylinders, Yasin is claimed to have told interrogators.
A Pune court had on April 18, this year awarded death sentence to IM operative Himayat Baig in connection with the case. His lawyer A Rahman had said that though they respected the verdict, they would appeal against it in the Bombay High Court.
Yasin also gave details about his cousin Iqbal and Riyaz Bhatkal and said that they had not been coming to India. He said that Iqbal had visited Nepal earlier this year and was using satellite phone to talk too his masters in Pakistan.
Wanted in around 40 blast cases and carrying a reward of Rs.35 lakh, Yasin was arrested from Indo-Nepal border on August 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened