Yasin Bhatkal arrested from India-Nepal border, confirms Sushilkumar Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Confirming Yasin Bhatkal’s arrest, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Thursday said that the Indian Mujahideen mastermind was held last night by the intelligence agencies from the India-Nepal border.
The Union Home Minister said that Bhatkal is under Bihar Police custody and being questioned by the officials.
Yasin, also known as Mohammed Ahmed Siddhibappa, along with three aides Tahaseen Akhtar Wasim Aktar Shaikh (23), Asadulla Akhtar Javed Akhtar (26) and Waqas alias Ahmed (26) were allegedly behind three coordinated bomb explosions at Opera House, Zaveri Zazaar and Dadar West in Mumbai on July 13, 2011, leaving 27 dead and 130 injured.
The IM leader is wanted in a string of terror attacks in Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Delhi and Hyderabad.
30-year-old Bhatkal is the cousin of Indian Mujahideen founders Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal and has been part of the terror group since its inception.
He was the only founder member of the IM who was still active in India and is believed to be behind almost all bomb blasts carried out by the IM in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples