Yasin Bhatkal statement: Farooqui fit to be in Pakistan, says Togadia
Coimbatore: VHP on Sunday said SP leader Kamaal Farooqui was "fit to be in Pakistan" after his comments over the arrest of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal.
"Those who are supporting anti-nationals and terrorists should be branded as anti-nationals and should be in Pakistan," VHP International Working President Praveen Togadia told reporters here.
Togadia made the comment against the backdrop of Farooqui asking whether Bhatkal`s arrest was "based on crime or religion".
The VHP leader said, "This Farooqui is fit to be in Pakistan. If he is supporting anti-nationals and terrorists, he is anti-national and fit to be in Pakistan."
Congress and BJP have slammed Farooqui for his comment calling it "ridiculous" and "regrettable".
Samajwadi Party has, however, distanced itself from Farooqui`s remarks saying they reflected his personal views.
"Farooqui`s statement is not that of the party`s. It could be his personal views," senior SP leader Ramgopal Yadav said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’