Yasin Bhatkal statement: Farooqui fit to be in Pakistan, says Togadia
Coimbatore: VHP on Sunday said SP leader Kamaal Farooqui was "fit to be in Pakistan" after his comments over the arrest of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal.
"Those who are supporting anti-nationals and terrorists should be branded as anti-nationals and should be in Pakistan," VHP International Working President Praveen Togadia told reporters here.
Togadia made the comment against the backdrop of Farooqui asking whether Bhatkal`s arrest was "based on crime or religion".
The VHP leader said, "This Farooqui is fit to be in Pakistan. If he is supporting anti-nationals and terrorists, he is anti-national and fit to be in Pakistan."
Congress and BJP have slammed Farooqui for his comment calling it "ridiculous" and "regrettable".
Samajwadi Party has, however, distanced itself from Farooqui`s remarks saying they reflected his personal views.
"Farooqui`s statement is not that of the party`s. It could be his personal views," senior SP leader Ramgopal Yadav said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?