Yasin Bhatkal statement: Farooqui fit to be in Pakistan, says Togadia
Coimbatore: VHP on Sunday said SP leader Kamaal Farooqui was "fit to be in Pakistan" after his comments over the arrest of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal.
"Those who are supporting anti-nationals and terrorists should be branded as anti-nationals and should be in Pakistan," VHP International Working President Praveen Togadia told reporters here.
Togadia made the comment against the backdrop of Farooqui asking whether Bhatkal`s arrest was "based on crime or religion".
The VHP leader said, "This Farooqui is fit to be in Pakistan. If he is supporting anti-nationals and terrorists, he is anti-national and fit to be in Pakistan."
Congress and BJP have slammed Farooqui for his comment calling it "ridiculous" and "regrettable".
Samajwadi Party has, however, distanced itself from Farooqui`s remarks saying they reflected his personal views.
"Farooqui`s statement is not that of the party`s. It could be his personal views," senior SP leader Ramgopal Yadav said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics