Yasin Bhatkal statement: SP sacks Kamaal Farooqui as party secretary
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Kamaal Farooqui was on Thursday sacked from the post of Samajwadi Party`s national secretary following his comments on arrested Indian Mujahideen founder Yasin Bhatkal`s arrest.
Commenting on Bhatkal’s arrest, Farooqui had last month said: “Is this arrest based on crime or religion?" "If he is a terrorist, then he should not be spared but if he has been arrested just because he is a Muslim, then caution should be exercised as we don`t want to send a wrong message to the entire community."
The SP government had distanced itself from the remarks saying they reflected Farooqui’s personal views.
The BJP had criticised the SP for giving a religious hue to the issue of terrorism.
Bhatkal, wanted by police in 12 states for bombings and other terror activities in the last five years, was arrested from the India-Nepal border last month. He was arrested along with Asadullah Akhtar, his terror accomplice.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district