Yasin Bhatkal statement: SP sacks Kamaal Farooqui as party secretary
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Kamaal Farooqui was on Thursday sacked from the post of Samajwadi Party`s national secretary following his comments on arrested Indian Mujahideen founder Yasin Bhatkal`s arrest.
Commenting on Bhatkal’s arrest, Farooqui had last month said: “Is this arrest based on crime or religion?" "If he is a terrorist, then he should not be spared but if he has been arrested just because he is a Muslim, then caution should be exercised as we don`t want to send a wrong message to the entire community."
The SP government had distanced itself from the remarks saying they reflected Farooqui’s personal views.
The BJP had criticised the SP for giving a religious hue to the issue of terrorism.
Bhatkal, wanted by police in 12 states for bombings and other terror activities in the last five years, was arrested from the India-Nepal border last month. He was arrested along with Asadullah Akhtar, his terror accomplice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why