Yasin Bhatkal`s handler a Pakistan Army Lieutenant Colonel
New Delhi: A Pakistan Army Lieutenant Colonel, serving in the ISI, was the handler of Yasin Bhatkal and used to give instructions to the arrested Indian Mujahideen co-founder for terror acts in India.
During interrogation, Yasin confessed the Pakistan Army officer was in regular touch with him over phone and emails, gave him instructions and take updates on works done.
The officer also sent money to Yasin through hawala channels and encouraged him to recruit more Indian youth in Indian Mujahideen through radicalisation, official sources said.
Yasin told the interrogators that his is not the head of IM in India and only follows instructions from both his Pakistani handler as well his boss.
During interrogations, security officials got the impression that Yasin wanted to protect IM activists in India as well as in Nepal and was not confessing about them and their hideouts.
The actual identity of Yasin, who is branded as the face of modern-day terrorism, is Mohammed Ahmed Zarar Siddibaba.
30-year-old Yasin said he never had any problem financially as his master in Pakistan often sent money to him and some of which he used to send to his family.
Sources said the laptop and mobile phone seized from Yasin`s possession have been sent for forensic examination.
The two gadgets are expected to throw up vital clues in unravelling a number of terror modules.
The forged driving licence and a voter ID were also recovered from Bhatkal.
The sleuths also found that he used to write letters and make phone calls to his relatives in Karnataka and other places.
Yssin is wanted in around 40 terror cases and carried a reward of Rs 35 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi