Yasin Bhatkal`s handler a Pakistan Army Lieutenant Colonel
New Delhi: A Pakistan Army Lieutenant Colonel, serving in the ISI, was the handler of Yasin Bhatkal and used to give instructions to the arrested Indian Mujahideen co-founder for terror acts in India.
During interrogation, Yasin confessed the Pakistan Army officer was in regular touch with him over phone and emails, gave him instructions and take updates on works done.
The officer also sent money to Yasin through hawala channels and encouraged him to recruit more Indian youth in Indian Mujahideen through radicalisation, official sources said.
Yasin told the interrogators that his is not the head of IM in India and only follows instructions from both his Pakistani handler as well his boss.
During interrogations, security officials got the impression that Yasin wanted to protect IM activists in India as well as in Nepal and was not confessing about them and their hideouts.
The actual identity of Yasin, who is branded as the face of modern-day terrorism, is Mohammed Ahmed Zarar Siddibaba.
30-year-old Yasin said he never had any problem financially as his master in Pakistan often sent money to him and some of which he used to send to his family.
Sources said the laptop and mobile phone seized from Yasin`s possession have been sent for forensic examination.
The two gadgets are expected to throw up vital clues in unravelling a number of terror modules.
The forged driving licence and a voter ID were also recovered from Bhatkal.
The sleuths also found that he used to write letters and make phone calls to his relatives in Karnataka and other places.
Yssin is wanted in around 40 terror cases and carried a reward of Rs 35 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway