`Yasin himself disclosed his identity during interrogation`
New Delhi: Yasin Bhatkal, one of the most wanted terrorists, disclosed his identity himself after his arrest along the Indo-Nepal border.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said that two men were apprehended around 3 am today at Raxaul along the Indo-Nepal border on the suspicion that one of them was Bhatkal.
"He was formally arrested by Bihar Police and NIA around 8 am after he himself confirmed during interrogation that he was Yasin Bhatkal," he told reporters here.
Goswami congratulated security agencies and Bihar Police for their "outstanding work" in the arrest.
Bhatkal, co-founder of banned terror group Indian Mujahideen, is wanted in around 40 blast cases and carries a reward of Rs 35 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`