`Yasin himself disclosed his identity during interrogation`
New Delhi: Yasin Bhatkal, one of the most wanted terrorists, disclosed his identity himself after his arrest along the Indo-Nepal border.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said that two men were apprehended around 3 am today at Raxaul along the Indo-Nepal border on the suspicion that one of them was Bhatkal.
"He was formally arrested by Bihar Police and NIA around 8 am after he himself confirmed during interrogation that he was Yasin Bhatkal," he told reporters here.
Goswami congratulated security agencies and Bihar Police for their "outstanding work" in the arrest.
Bhatkal, co-founder of banned terror group Indian Mujahideen, is wanted in around 40 blast cases and carries a reward of Rs 35 lakh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India