`Yasin himself disclosed his identity during interrogation`
New Delhi: Yasin Bhatkal, one of the most wanted terrorists, disclosed his identity himself after his arrest along the Indo-Nepal border.
Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami said that two men were apprehended around 3 am today at Raxaul along the Indo-Nepal border on the suspicion that one of them was Bhatkal.
"He was formally arrested by Bihar Police and NIA around 8 am after he himself confirmed during interrogation that he was Yasin Bhatkal," he told reporters here.
Goswami congratulated security agencies and Bihar Police for their "outstanding work" in the arrest.
Bhatkal, co-founder of banned terror group Indian Mujahideen, is wanted in around 40 blast cases and carries a reward of Rs 35 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack