Yasin Malik leaves Ajmer, BJP brings out `victory march`
Ajmer: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik left here on Friday night following a protest by BJP workers during which a shoe was also flung at him.
Malik was in the city for the last three days and when BJP workers came to know about his presence yesterday, they staged a protest in front of a hotel where he was staying. The protestors hurled a shoe at him, but it missed Malik.
"Malik left the city at around midnight," Ajmer District Collector Manju Rajpal said today.
She claimed that he left as per his own schedule and
wish, but sources said that he was asked to leave Ajmer
following the protest.
Security in the Ajmer dargah and nearby areas was
tightened yesterday following the protest by BJP workers who
demanded that Malik be asked to leave the city immediately.
Malik paid obeisance at the dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja
Moinuddin Chisti last evening.
Meanwhile, BJP workers took out a "victory procession"
today. "We celebrated and took out a victory march after the
anti-national element left the holy city of Ajmer," BJP MLA
Vasudev Devnani said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev