Yasin Malik leaves Ajmer, BJP brings out `victory march`
Ajmer: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik left here on Friday night following a protest by BJP workers during which a shoe was also flung at him.
Malik was in the city for the last three days and when BJP workers came to know about his presence yesterday, they staged a protest in front of a hotel where he was staying. The protestors hurled a shoe at him, but it missed Malik.
"Malik left the city at around midnight," Ajmer District Collector Manju Rajpal said today.
She claimed that he left as per his own schedule and
wish, but sources said that he was asked to leave Ajmer
following the protest.
Security in the Ajmer dargah and nearby areas was
tightened yesterday following the protest by BJP workers who
demanded that Malik be asked to leave the city immediately.
Malik paid obeisance at the dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja
Moinuddin Chisti last evening.
Meanwhile, BJP workers took out a "victory procession"
today. "We celebrated and took out a victory march after the
anti-national element left the holy city of Ajmer," BJP MLA
Vasudev Devnani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in