Yasin Malik leaves Ajmer, BJP brings out `victory march`
Ajmer: Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik left here on Friday night following a protest by BJP workers during which a shoe was also flung at him.
Malik was in the city for the last three days and when BJP workers came to know about his presence yesterday, they staged a protest in front of a hotel where he was staying. The protestors hurled a shoe at him, but it missed Malik.
"Malik left the city at around midnight," Ajmer District Collector Manju Rajpal said today.
She claimed that he left as per his own schedule and
wish, but sources said that he was asked to leave Ajmer
following the protest.
Security in the Ajmer dargah and nearby areas was
tightened yesterday following the protest by BJP workers who
demanded that Malik be asked to leave the city immediately.
Malik paid obeisance at the dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja
Moinuddin Chisti last evening.
Meanwhile, BJP workers took out a "victory procession"
today. "We celebrated and took out a victory march after the
anti-national element left the holy city of Ajmer," BJP MLA
Vasudev Devnani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state