Yechury demands Central level probe in Adarsh scam
Solapur: CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram
Yechury on Sunday demanded a Central level probe in Adarsh Society
scam, terming the issue as an insult to nation since flats in
the society were meant for Kargil war heroes and widows.
"An in-depth probe should be made by the Central
Government in Adarsh scam and leaders and officials involved
in it should be punished to crush the evil practises in the
country," Yechury told media here.
"A joint parliamentary committee will be welcomed to
investigate the matter," he said, adding that but the
committee should not be appointed to put the burning issue in
"It is an insult for the nation since flats in Adarsh
society were meant for the Kargil war heroes and families of
those who laid down their lives in the war, but the flats were
allotted to politicians and bureaucrats," Yechury said.
The senior communist leader also demanded that union
power minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and heavy industries
minister Vilasrao Deshmukh should resign on moral grounds
owing to the allegations levelled against them in Adarsh scam.
"Congress party should not hesitate to initiate action
against Shinde and Deshmukh. Had Shinde been clear in the
scam, he would have come forward immediately to clarify his
position before the press in his home town (Solapur)," Yechury
Yechury also criticised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for
protecting Union Telecom Minister A Raja in 2G spectrum scam.
"Prime Minister should come forward and clarify about all
the allegations levelled against Raja," he said.
"Central Government is gripped with scams, corruption and
mismanagement and failing on all fronts. It should step down
or punish the corrupt forces," Yechury said.
"We are helpless as we have no other option to from a new
government after toppling the UPA in Centre. We want to keep
BJP out from the power so we urge the current government to
gear up," he said. he made it clear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America