Yechury for a non-Congress, non-BJP alternative
Agartala: CPI-M politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Friday said his party was in search of a non-Congress, non-BJP Political alternative which would implement alternative policies.
"We do not want any change in any party but change in policies. We are in search of a non-Congress non-BJP political alternative which would implement alternative policies," he told reporters after the politburo meeting here.
He also said the CPI-M would continue its struggle to change the anti-people policy of the UPA government and fight communalism simultaneously.
He said, the politburo meeting also discussed the current political situation and reviewed the result of the just concluded assembly election in five states.
The three-day meeting of the central committee would discuss its preparation for the next parliamentary elections and the present political situation of the country to draw up its own strategy.
Regarding the result of the just concluded Assembly Elections in five states, he said, people had expressed their dissatisfaction against the anti-people policy of the Congress as a result of which BJP got advantage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video