Yechury for a non-Congress, non-BJP alternative
Agartala: CPI-M politburo member Sitaram Yechury on Friday said his party was in search of a non-Congress, non-BJP Political alternative which would implement alternative policies.
"We do not want any change in any party but change in policies. We are in search of a non-Congress non-BJP political alternative which would implement alternative policies," he told reporters after the politburo meeting here.
He also said the CPI-M would continue its struggle to change the anti-people policy of the UPA government and fight communalism simultaneously.
He said, the politburo meeting also discussed the current political situation and reviewed the result of the just concluded assembly election in five states.
The three-day meeting of the central committee would discuss its preparation for the next parliamentary elections and the present political situation of the country to draw up its own strategy.
Regarding the result of the just concluded Assembly Elections in five states, he said, people had expressed their dissatisfaction against the anti-people policy of the Congress as a result of which BJP got advantage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch