Yechury makes light of Gujral`s claims
New Delhi: "Want to write your memoir,
don`t wait till 90."
This was the terse reaction of CPI(M) leader Sitaram
Yechury on 91-year-old former Prime Minister I K Gujral`s book
in which he claimed that the Left parties had ditched Congress
pesident Sonia Gandhi and forced her to call off plans to
form a government in 1999.
Maintaining that he was present in the series of
meetings during that period, Yechury said it was leaders like
Mulayam Singh Yadav and Sharad Yadav who had objected to
Congress forming government in the United Front days.
"You will also remember that Congress leaders like
Sharad Pawar had opposed the idea and that was when the
process of forming the NCP started," Yechury said.
"In that fluid situation, there were many people who
were themselves waiting to become Prime Minister," he said.
The Left leader quipped, "My suggestion to young
politicians will be that if you want to write your memoir,
then do it early. Don`t wait till 90".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray