Yechury takes dig at Team Anna over Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Team Anna for its
proposed agitation over the Lokpal Bill, CPI(M) leader Sitaram
Yechury on Wednesday said they "seem to know more" than what
Parliament does about the legislation.
"We do not know what the proposals (Lokpal Bill) are.
Team Anna seems to know more than Parliament does. In that
case, it is a very bad sign for democracy," Yechury told
reporters when asked about the Anna Hazare`s proposed
agitation on Lokpal from December 27.
"The Parliament has to be first told what the government
wants to bring. Let them bring the Bill to House then we will
comment," he said.
Criticising BJP`s stand on Lokpal, HRD Minister Kapil
Sibal said, "Mrs (Sonia) Gandhi made it quite clear that the
obstructionists efforts by BJP to stop the important
legislature agenda of this government is only because they are
not been able reconcile with the fact that we got the
confidence of the people in 2004 and that confidence was
renewed in 2009.
"She also made it clear that the party and the government
together on every issue," the Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested