Yechury takes dig at Team Anna over Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: Taking a dig at Team Anna for its
proposed agitation over the Lokpal Bill, CPI(M) leader Sitaram
Yechury on Wednesday said they "seem to know more" than what
Parliament does about the legislation.
"We do not know what the proposals (Lokpal Bill) are.
Team Anna seems to know more than Parliament does. In that
case, it is a very bad sign for democracy," Yechury told
reporters when asked about the Anna Hazare`s proposed
agitation on Lokpal from December 27.
"The Parliament has to be first told what the government
wants to bring. Let them bring the Bill to House then we will
comment," he said.
Criticising BJP`s stand on Lokpal, HRD Minister Kapil
Sibal said, "Mrs (Sonia) Gandhi made it quite clear that the
obstructionists efforts by BJP to stop the important
legislature agenda of this government is only because they are
not been able reconcile with the fact that we got the
confidence of the people in 2004 and that confidence was
renewed in 2009.
"She also made it clear that the party and the government
together on every issue," the Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa