Yeddy dares UPA to face mid-term polls
Hubli: Lambasting the UPA government for
hitting out at social crusaders like Anna Hazare and Ramdev,
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Monday challenged it
to dissolve the Lok Sabha and face mid-term elections.
"The UPA government has no right to indulge in loose talk
about Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Hazare and Ramdev
when the government itself is seeped in scams like the 2G
spectrum, Commmonwealth Games and Adarsh Apartments," he told
a public gathering here.
Coming down heavily on Congress leader B K Hariprasad for
his remarks against Hazare and Ramdev, Yeddyurappa challenged
the UPA government to dissolve the Lok Sabha and face mid-term
"People of this country will teach them a lesson as these
leaders are sowing poisonous seeds in the minds of the people
and misleading the masses," he said after laying the
foundation stone for Karnataka Housing Board (KHB) here.
Yeddyurappa said he would soon release a book on the
"misdeeds" committed by the Congress during its four-decade
rule of the state.
He alleged that manganese ore worth lakhs of rupees had
been illegally exported to foreign countries during the Dharam
Singh government`s regime.
Throwing the gauntlet at the opposition which has been
going hammer and tongs against him over alleged favouritism in
land denotifications, he said "let the Congress and the JDS
return all the sites they have got from the government if they
have the guts just as I have done with respect to the sites
given to my son and others".
Yeddyurappa said he would devote the remaining two years
of his term to development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state