Yeddy dares UPA to face mid-term polls
Hubli: Lambasting the UPA government for
hitting out at social crusaders like Anna Hazare and Ramdev,
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa on Monday challenged it
to dissolve the Lok Sabha and face mid-term elections.
"The UPA government has no right to indulge in loose talk
about Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh Hegde, Hazare and Ramdev
when the government itself is seeped in scams like the 2G
spectrum, Commmonwealth Games and Adarsh Apartments," he told
a public gathering here.
Coming down heavily on Congress leader B K Hariprasad for
his remarks against Hazare and Ramdev, Yeddyurappa challenged
the UPA government to dissolve the Lok Sabha and face mid-term
"People of this country will teach them a lesson as these
leaders are sowing poisonous seeds in the minds of the people
and misleading the masses," he said after laying the
foundation stone for Karnataka Housing Board (KHB) here.
Yeddyurappa said he would soon release a book on the
"misdeeds" committed by the Congress during its four-decade
rule of the state.
He alleged that manganese ore worth lakhs of rupees had
been illegally exported to foreign countries during the Dharam
Singh government`s regime.
Throwing the gauntlet at the opposition which has been
going hammer and tongs against him over alleged favouritism in
land denotifications, he said "let the Congress and the JDS
return all the sites they have got from the government if they
have the guts just as I have done with respect to the sites
given to my son and others".
Yeddyurappa said he would devote the remaining two years
of his term to development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials