Yeddy embarrassed RSS, says top functionary
Bangalore: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)
is embarrassed over recent developments involving former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, who is in jail for
cases relating to alleged land scams, a senior organisation
functionary said on Saturday.
"The recent episode of Yeddyurappa is an embarrassment to
RSS. Whenever Yeddyurappa visited Sangh headquarters here, RSS
senior functionaries advised him as he is a Swayamsevak. If he
has not taken the advice seriously, it is wrong to blame RSS,"
Joint General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale said in a
Yeddyurappa, who has a strong RSS background, used to
consult the outfit leaders on various issues, particularly
when he confronted crisis during his stint as the chief
The former Chief Minister, who had resigned from his post
after being indicted by a Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
is presently in judicial custody till November 3.
Hosabale said RSS would launch a 20-day campaign from
November 1 against the proposed Communal and Targeted Violence
Prevention Bill-2011, which he described as "anti-Hindu" and
aimed at appeasing the minorities.
The RSS would undertake a nation-wide celebration to mark
the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda`s birthday
from January 12, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe