Yeddy embarrassed RSS, says top functionary
Bangalore: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)
is embarrassed over recent developments involving former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, who is in jail for
cases relating to alleged land scams, a senior organisation
functionary said on Saturday.
"The recent episode of Yeddyurappa is an embarrassment to
RSS. Whenever Yeddyurappa visited Sangh headquarters here, RSS
senior functionaries advised him as he is a Swayamsevak. If he
has not taken the advice seriously, it is wrong to blame RSS,"
Joint General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale said in a
Yeddyurappa, who has a strong RSS background, used to
consult the outfit leaders on various issues, particularly
when he confronted crisis during his stint as the chief
The former Chief Minister, who had resigned from his post
after being indicted by a Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
is presently in judicial custody till November 3.
Hosabale said RSS would launch a 20-day campaign from
November 1 against the proposed Communal and Targeted Violence
Prevention Bill-2011, which he described as "anti-Hindu" and
aimed at appeasing the minorities.
The RSS would undertake a nation-wide celebration to mark
the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda`s birthday
from January 12, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers