Yeddy embarrassed RSS, says top functionary
Bangalore: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)
is embarrassed over recent developments involving former
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, who is in jail for
cases relating to alleged land scams, a senior organisation
functionary said on Saturday.
"The recent episode of Yeddyurappa is an embarrassment to
RSS. Whenever Yeddyurappa visited Sangh headquarters here, RSS
senior functionaries advised him as he is a Swayamsevak. If he
has not taken the advice seriously, it is wrong to blame RSS,"
Joint General Secretary Dattatreya Hosabale said in a
Yeddyurappa, who has a strong RSS background, used to
consult the outfit leaders on various issues, particularly
when he confronted crisis during his stint as the chief
The former Chief Minister, who had resigned from his post
after being indicted by a Lokayukta report on illegal mining,
is presently in judicial custody till November 3.
Hosabale said RSS would launch a 20-day campaign from
November 1 against the proposed Communal and Targeted Violence
Prevention Bill-2011, which he described as "anti-Hindu" and
aimed at appeasing the minorities.
The RSS would undertake a nation-wide celebration to mark
the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda`s birthday
from January 12, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened