Yeddy to reveal details of ‘land deal’ on Monday
Bangalore: Embattled Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, accused of alloting a prime industrial plot to a company promoted by his sons, said he will reveal the details to the media on Monday.
"I will present documents to the media tomorrow about land deals in Bangalore in the last ten years," Yeddyurappa told reporters on Sunday.
An auto-components manufacturing company bagged a two-acre plot in Jigani industrial estate, on Bangalore`s outskirts, in 2007, when Yeddyurappa was the deputy chief minister. His sons BY Raghavendra and BY Vijeyendra are directors in the firm.
Raghavendra is now a Lok Sabha member. He was elected in the 2009 polls from Shimoga, Yeddyurappa`s home district, contesting on a BJP ticket.
The BJP`s first Chief Minister in south India is also accused of favouring his Cabinet Ministers R Ashoka and Katta Subramanya Naidu in land deals. Both have denied the accusations.
However Naidu`s son, Katta Jagdish Naidu, a BJP corporator, was recently arrested on charges of bribing witnesses not to testify in the land deal case. He is out on bail.
Yeddyurappa Saturday defended his sons` land deals. "There is no truth in the allegations and the allotments have been made in accordance with the law," he said.
The CM is also under fire for allotting a prime 4,000 sq ft government plot in Bangalore to Raghavendra in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!