Yeddy to reveal details of ‘land deal’ on Monday
Bangalore: Embattled Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, accused of alloting a prime industrial plot to a company promoted by his sons, said he will reveal the details to the media on Monday.
"I will present documents to the media tomorrow about land deals in Bangalore in the last ten years," Yeddyurappa told reporters on Sunday.
An auto-components manufacturing company bagged a two-acre plot in Jigani industrial estate, on Bangalore`s outskirts, in 2007, when Yeddyurappa was the deputy chief minister. His sons BY Raghavendra and BY Vijeyendra are directors in the firm.
Raghavendra is now a Lok Sabha member. He was elected in the 2009 polls from Shimoga, Yeddyurappa`s home district, contesting on a BJP ticket.
The BJP`s first Chief Minister in south India is also accused of favouring his Cabinet Ministers R Ashoka and Katta Subramanya Naidu in land deals. Both have denied the accusations.
However Naidu`s son, Katta Jagdish Naidu, a BJP corporator, was recently arrested on charges of bribing witnesses not to testify in the land deal case. He is out on bail.
Yeddyurappa Saturday defended his sons` land deals. "There is no truth in the allegations and the allotments have been made in accordance with the law," he said.
The CM is also under fire for allotting a prime 4,000 sq ft government plot in Bangalore to Raghavendra in 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed