Yeddy to reveal details of ‘land deal’ on Monday
Bangalore: Embattled Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, accused of alloting a prime industrial plot to a company promoted by his sons, said he will reveal the details to the media on Monday.
"I will present documents to the media tomorrow about land deals in Bangalore in the last ten years," Yeddyurappa told reporters on Sunday.
An auto-components manufacturing company bagged a two-acre plot in Jigani industrial estate, on Bangalore`s outskirts, in 2007, when Yeddyurappa was the deputy chief minister. His sons BY Raghavendra and BY Vijeyendra are directors in the firm.
Raghavendra is now a Lok Sabha member. He was elected in the 2009 polls from Shimoga, Yeddyurappa`s home district, contesting on a BJP ticket.
The BJP`s first Chief Minister in south India is also accused of favouring his Cabinet Ministers R Ashoka and Katta Subramanya Naidu in land deals. Both have denied the accusations.
However Naidu`s son, Katta Jagdish Naidu, a BJP corporator, was recently arrested on charges of bribing witnesses not to testify in the land deal case. He is out on bail.
Yeddyurappa Saturday defended his sons` land deals. "There is no truth in the allegations and the allotments have been made in accordance with the law," he said.
The CM is also under fire for allotting a prime 4,000 sq ft government plot in Bangalore to Raghavendra in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- India-US deal to procure four Poseidon-8I aircraft
- 2016 Olympic Games: President Vladimir Putin to meet Russia`s dope-tainted Rio team
- Pay panel:Centre seeks states comments on pay hike to IAS, IPS
- Netgear launches smart Wi-Fi router for gamers
- Bihar court issues summon to AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi