Yeddy`s arrest not to affect yatra: BJP
Jaipur: The arrest of former Karnataka chief
minister BS Yeddyurappa would not cast a shadow on LK
Advani`s yatra against corruption, the BJP said on Sunday.
"Our party has given a message that we do what we say. In
Yeddyurappa`s matter, our president Nitin Gadkari had
announced a change after Lokayukta`s report and it has
been done," BJP`s national general secretary Vijay Goel said.
"The matter of Yeddyurappa will not affect but strengthen
our struggle against corruption. The Janchetna yatra of
Adavani is against corruption and for clean politics," he
He alleged that Congress failed to give message that it
is against corruption.
"There are three reports against Delhi Chief Minister
Sheila Dixit but no action was taken against her," he said.
He also accused Gehlot government in Rajasthan of being
involved in rampant corruption.
"Gehlot government is surrounded by corruption and
ministers are involved in corrupt practices. Bhanwari Devi
missing case, illegal mining are some of the cases. During the
Rathyatra, we will also highlight the corruption of Gehlot
government," he said.
Goyal said that the Rathyatra will pass through nine
parliamentary constituencies and six districts of Rajashthan
from November 9 to November 12.
Public meetings of Adavani would also be held at Jodhpur,
Beawar, Ajmer, Kishangar, Jaipur, Sikar, Salasar, Churu and
Rajgarh during the period, Goel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report