Yeddy`s fate to be sealed today
New Delhi: A final decision on whether Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa will continue to remain in office after his name emerged in a land scam will be taken by BJP top brass at 11 am on Wednesday.
This was announced by the party president Nitin Gadkari after a meeting of BJP core group here on Tuesday evening.
“I have completed my discussions with party leaders. I will meet Yeddyurappa now and a final decision will be announced tomorrow at 11 am.” Gadkari told media persons after the meeting.
Senior BJP leaders including Gadkari and Arun Jaitley met to discuss the future of Yeddyurappa, who has refused to resign following allegations of nepotism in land allotment.
Party leaders Ramlal and V Satish are among those who
attended the meeting at the residence of Bal Apte, RSS
pointsman in the party.
The Karnataka Chief Minister, who has been camping in
the city along with his supporters since yesterday, has been
holding talks with the top central leadership throughout the
Several of his supporters including state unit President Ishwarappa and VS Acharya have strongly come out in support of Yeddyurappa.
Some BJP MPs from the state sympathetic to the Chief
Minister have met senior leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj
to plead his case and suggest that he should continue.
Advani reportedly told them that the central
leadership has now authorised Gadkari to deal with the issue.
Senior leader Arun Jaitley and M Venkaiah Naidu also
held discussions with Yeddyurappa this morning to solve the
crisis. Yeddyurappa has maintained in public that he will
abide by the party decision, but he has also insisted that he
has the support of 110-120 MLAs.
Yeddyurappa also claims he has not been asked to
resign, an issue on which the central leadership has remained
A faction of BJP leadership seems to be of the
opinion that Yeddyurappa should quit as his continuance in
office is affecting the party`s image and diluting its attack
on the government in Parliament on the issue of corruption in
2-G Spectrum allocation, Adarsh Housing Society and
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal