Yeddy`s fate to be sealed today
New Delhi: A final decision on whether Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa will continue to remain in office after his name emerged in a land scam will be taken by BJP top brass at 11 am on Wednesday.
This was announced by the party president Nitin Gadkari after a meeting of BJP core group here on Tuesday evening.
“I have completed my discussions with party leaders. I will meet Yeddyurappa now and a final decision will be announced tomorrow at 11 am.” Gadkari told media persons after the meeting.
Senior BJP leaders including Gadkari and Arun Jaitley met to discuss the future of Yeddyurappa, who has refused to resign following allegations of nepotism in land allotment.
Party leaders Ramlal and V Satish are among those who
attended the meeting at the residence of Bal Apte, RSS
pointsman in the party.
The Karnataka Chief Minister, who has been camping in
the city along with his supporters since yesterday, has been
holding talks with the top central leadership throughout the
Several of his supporters including state unit President Ishwarappa and VS Acharya have strongly come out in support of Yeddyurappa.
Some BJP MPs from the state sympathetic to the Chief
Minister have met senior leaders L K Advani and Sushma Swaraj
to plead his case and suggest that he should continue.
Advani reportedly told them that the central
leadership has now authorised Gadkari to deal with the issue.
Senior leader Arun Jaitley and M Venkaiah Naidu also
held discussions with Yeddyurappa this morning to solve the
crisis. Yeddyurappa has maintained in public that he will
abide by the party decision, but he has also insisted that he
has the support of 110-120 MLAs.
Yeddyurappa also claims he has not been asked to
resign, an issue on which the central leadership has remained
A faction of BJP leadership seems to be of the
opinion that Yeddyurappa should quit as his continuance in
office is affecting the party`s image and diluting its attack
on the government in Parliament on the issue of corruption in
2-G Spectrum allocation, Adarsh Housing Society and
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25