Yeddyurappa likely to move HC on Monday
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa is likely to move the High Court on Monday seeking a stay on Governor H R Bhardwaj`s sanction to prosecute him over corruption charges.
A battery of advocates and legal experts today perused about 93 documents, on the basis of which the Governor accorded his sanction to prosecute Yeddyurappa on January 21, sources close to the Chief Minister said.
Yeddyurappa was also being guided by noted jurist Ram Jethmalani, who is also expected to appear for the Chief Minister in the court, the sources said.
Advocates Sirajin Basha and K N Balaraj, on whose petitions the Governor gave the sanction, had yesterday filed two criminal petitions in a city court.
The sources, however, could not say whether Yeddyurappa, who became the first ever chief minister in the state to face prosecution over corruption charges, would also be praying for staying the proceedings on these complaints.
Rejecting the January 19 state cabinet`s resolution pleading him for dropping the proceedings on the lawyers` petitions, Bhardwaj had accorded the sanction, which was dubbed by the BJP as constitutionally "improper" and "politically motivated".
Yeddyurappa, who had ruled out his resignation, is camping in Delhi consulting his party top brass on the political crisis his government faced and also on the future course of strategy to handle the situation.
The two advocates were expected to file four more complaints listing 12 additional charges against Yeddyurappa tomorrow before Additional City Civil Judge C Hipparagi, who is also the Sessions and the Special Judge for Lokayukta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof