Yeddyurappa’s bail plea hearing adjourned
Bangalore: The Karnataka HC on Wednesday adjourned till Thursday hearing on the bail plea of state’s former chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, who is under arrest for his alleged involvement in corruption cases.
The former CM had moved the High Court for regular bail after the Lokayukta special court, on October 15, issued an arrest warrant and sent him to judicial custody following complaints of alleged illegal land denotification.
Advocate Sirajin Basha had filed five private complaints under sections 190 and 200 of the Criminal Procedure Code against Yeddyurappa and his family members in the lower court. The case had come up on Monday for hearing before Justice BV Pinto.
During the course of the day-long arguments, senior counsel CH Hanumantharaya—representing Basha—argued that the denotification committee was formed on January 25, 2003, and had existed till October 29, 2010.
He alleged that land worth crores of rupees was denotified in a hasty manner. The applications were slated to be reviewed by the denotification committee, but the procedure was not followed. Hanumantharaya sought to know why this happened. He later argued that Yeddurappa has abused his power as chief minister.
Thereafter, Justice Pinto adjourned the case till today for continuation of arguments.
Yeddyurappa is currently lodged in the Central prison at Parappana Agrahara on the outskirts of the city.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security